Founded by Archduke Johann in 1811, the University has since then evolved to host 95 institutes in 7 faculties, educating more than 13.000 students. Read more…
How to reach
If you come by plane, the simplest way to get to the venue is to take a taxi from Graz Airport. The fare is ~25€.
Our summer school is held at Graz University of Technology, Rechbauerstrasse 12 – which is very close to down town. Graz itself is a smaller city, so many accommodations are in a good distance to the venue and can be reached by walking or public transport. Here’s a list of hotels recommended by Graz University of Technology:
- Erzherzog Johann: Sackstraße 3-5, 8010 Graz Tel.: +43 316 811616 http://www.erzherzog-johann.com/
- Hotel zum Dom: Bürgergasse 14, 8010 Graz Tel.: +43 316 824800 http://www.domhotel.co.at/
- Hotel Gollner: Schlögelgasse 14, 8010 Graz Tel.: +43 316 8225210 http://www.hotelgollner.com/
- Hotel Daniel: Europaplatz 1, 8020 Graz Tel.: +43 316 711 080 http://www.hoteldaniel.com/
- JUFA Gästehaus Graz City: Idlhofgasse 74, 8020 Graz Tel.: +43 316 7083 210 http://www.jufa.eu/jufa-graz-city/
- Star Inn Hotel: Waltendorfer Gürtel 8-10, 8010 Graz Tel.: +43 316 826300 http://starinnhotels.com/star-inn-hotel-graz
Visit CHES 2018
Starting on September, 9th, the annual conference on Cryptographic Hardware and Embedded Systems (CHES) 2018 immediately follows the summer school. CHES 2018 is hosted in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, which can be directly reached from Graz by airplane in 2h.
City of Graz
The old town of Graz is a world cultural heritage. Graz offers plenty of opportunities to discover modern and historic architecture, join cultural events and enjoy Austrian gastronomy. For more information check out this.